STUDENTENFUTTER: STUDENTS COOK VEGAN
Your recipe conquers the canteen...
- You like to cook vegan?
- Your recipes are legendary?
- You're not afraid of big pots?
- Your ingredients are regional, seasonal and as sustainable as possible?
- Your food tastes good?
Then our recipe competition "Student food: Students cook vegan" is the right place for you. You might just find yourself in the canteen with a chef's hat and a big mixing spoon, cooking your vegan main course for a few more friends. If you would enjoy that too, then nothing stands in the way of your participation in the competition. Here are the conditions of participation that will put your vegan and delicious student food on our menu.We look forward to seeing you, your cooking ideas and how you look in your Mensa kitchen outfit.Conditions of participation
Participation in the competition is only possible subject to the following conditions of participation. Please direct all questions about the competition exclusively to the Communications Department of the Studierendenwerk Vorderpfalz: firstname.lastname@example.org; 06341-9179-200. Organiser
Studierendenwerk Vorderpfalz AÖRRecipe jury
- AStA of the RPTU Landau
- Green Office of the RPTU Landau
- AStA of Faculty VI of the Johannes Gutenberg University Germersheim
- AStA of the Ludwigshafen University of Applied Sciences for Business and Society
- AStA of the University of Worms
The cooking competition starts on 22 January 2024 and ends with the cooking of the winning dish in spring 2024. The deadline for submitting your recipes is 23.02.2024, 24:00.Who can take part?
Only students enrolled at the universities in Landau, Germersheim, Neustadt an der Weinstraße, Ludwigshafen and Worms can take part in the competition.What can you win?
- The winners (1-3 place) will receive meal vouchers worth 200, 100 and 50 euros, redeemable in all Studierendenwerk canteens.
- The winning recipe (1st place) will be cooked by you in a Studierendenwerk canteen on a day to be determined in spring 2024 - together with our canteen team, of course - and will also be served by you to our canteen guests. If the guests like your recipe, we will include it permanently in our menu under your name.
What do you have to submit to take part in the competition?
Participants must send the complete recipe with all the necessary ingredients and cooking instructions by email to: email@example.com.
Preference will be given to recipes with the best possible carbon footprint of the ingredients, regionality and seasonality.Your recipe must include the following:
- Here you will find a sample recipe (in German) that you can use as a guide.
- Your recipe must be for a main course. Appetisers such as soups or desserts or side salads are not permitted. (Maybe next time)
- All ingredients in the recipe must be vegan!
- Please provide a presentation name for your dish.
- A complete list of ingredients, including grams and how many people the recipe is intended for.
- A complete description of the preparation with cooking times and all necessary steps from the preparation of the ingredients to the presentation of the dish on the plate.
- If available - but this is not a reason for exclusion - the calorie count or - as already stated in some cookery books - the carbon footprint.
- The recipe submitted must be free from third-party copyrights.
- The participants agree that the recipes will be posted online via the Studierendenwerk's social media channels and that the jury may view and evaluate them (anonymously) online.
[NL]What else should a submitted recipe fulfil?
We, the Studierendenwerk - and thus also its dishes in the canteen - are committed to regionality, seasonality and sustainability of the canteen dishes. As far as possible, we expect your submitted recipe to fulfil these criteria.
Ingredients that do not comply with German food law or ingredients that have an extremely poor carbon footprint will be excluded from participation. As the cost of goods must match a favourable meal price for students, very expensive foods or foods that cannot be procured in sufficient quantities may also be excluded from the competition.How will the recipes be judged
Your submitted recipe (you can submit up to three recipes, but it is best to choose your favourite recipe) will go through the following process:
- Check for completeness at the Communication Department of the Studierendenwerk
- Evaluation of the complete recipes by the canteen managers of the Studierendenwerk. The following criteria play a role here:
- Availability and affordability of ingredients in bulk purchasing
- Suitability of the recipes for the canteen kitchen! Not all recipes are suitable for serving at a counter.
- The "functionality" of the recipes can be tested by the canteen chefs in a trial cooking session
- Passing on the recipes to the above-mentioned jury
- All members of the jury propose their winning recipe. The Communications Department collates all the results of the individual juries and names the winning recipe.
- In consultation with the winners, the Studierendenwerk will include the winning recipe in the canteen menu.
The Communications Department of the Studierendenwerk Vorderpfalz will notify the winners by e-mail or - if you have given us your telephone number in your application - by telephone after the jury has made its decision. The winning dish will be included in the menu with the title "Name of the dish" à la "Name of the winner".Cooking day of the winning recipe
You will prepare the dish in a canteen of your choice with our canteen team - on a day to be determined with all participants - and serve it to the guests together with the counter team on this day.
The Studierendenwerk will accompany this cooking day with a camera and will communicate the cooking campaign on the Studierendenwerk's social media channels. 10 friends of the winner will be invited to a free meal at a reserved table by the Studierendenwerk and interviewed about the flavour. We will ask all guests to rate the dish.Conditions of participation? Attention: Now it's getting a bit formal!
You guarantee that the content you send or the content you embed does not violate applicable law. You indemnify the Studierendenwerk Vorderpfalz against all third-party claims asserted in this context and grant the Studierendenwerk Vorderpfalz the rights for the publication and use of your recipe as well as the further sale after the promotion of your submitted dish.Image rights / film rights / data protection
You grant the Studierendenwerk the right to publish your recipe on its channels. Winners agree to grant the Studierendenwerk the film and image rights, unlimited in time and space, for photo and film recordings in the canteen kitchen and when the food is served.
The names of the participants will be recorded and stored by the Studierendenwerk Vorderpfalz in order to organise the competition. In addition, the e-mail addresses of the participants will be collected and stored if this is necessary for the proper organisation of the competition. You have the right to information or correction of your own data. All private data will be deleted no later than 30 days after the end of the competition (the day you cooked your dish). However, the names of those who have submitted winning recipes may remain online on the organiser's websites and/or social media channels or in the menus (e.g. "Lisa's veggie burger") The data will not be passed on to third parties.Legal recourse
Participation in the recipe competition is governed exclusively by the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany to the exclusion of private international law. Legal recourse is excluded.Contact for all questions