Questions about housing and applying for a place...

... are all answered here. If you are still missing something, just send us an email to

What are my chances of getting a place in a dorm?
The chances of finding a place in a dormitory vary in the cities of Landau, Germersheim, Worms and Ludwigshafen. The fact is that we generally have significantly more applicants than available places. In the medium term, this can only be improved by building new dormitories. Therefore, it is currently not possible to determine your chances. We receive new applications every day and the number of available dormitory places changes almost daily. In the allocation guidelines you will find a list of all life circumstances that make an application more promising, such as a disability, studying with a child, students from abroad or with a long distance to the place of study, Bafög recipients.
I have received a WG place, but would like a single apartment. Can I exchange the dormitory place?
Since the demand of our dormitory places is very high, we unfortunately cannot always meet all requests. We are very sorry about that. However, you are welcome to send us an email to Then we will see if we can exchange the place. But we can't promise anything here.
I have received a place in a dormitory. What do I have to do now?
Reply as soon as possible to the email that you accept or decline the place. If you accept the place, the lease agreement will be sent to you by e-mail (Attention! This may take 2-3 days). Please read the cover letter in the mail to the lease carefully and completely. We need the rental agreement twice and the attachments 1-3 simply back. In addition, the housing provider confirmation (print and enclose) must be sent along and the receipt for the payment of the reservation confirmation (deposit). We do not need the general rental condition printed.
The application deadline has passed. Can I still apply?
Of course you can still apply. However, we will first consider all applicants who have applied by the deadline. If there are still rooms available, we will also offer you a rental contract.
I have applied without admission from the college/university. Do I have to submit it after I receive it?
Initially, you do not have to submit the admission certificate. If we can offer you a place in the dormitory, we will automatically ask for it. When you move into the dormitory, you will have to present the certificate of enrollment at the latest, if you do not receive your admission until very late.
What are the facilities of my room/apartment?
The majority of our dormitory places are rented furnished. This includes: Wardrobe, bed incl. mattress and protector, desk, kitchenette, desk chair, depending on the dormitory either shelves on the wall or a standing shelf. You can find more information on the subpage of the respective dormitory.
When do I get a cancellation at the latest if it does not work out with the room?
Cancellations are sent by email approx. 3-4 weeks after the start of occupancy. Since this is very short notice, we always recommend that you also look for a room on the private housing market. Unfortunately, we have many more applicants* than vacancies. Helpful information about the private housing market can be found here.
Can I visit the rooms before I apply?
For organizational reasons, it is not possible to visit our dormitory places. Furthermore, the dormitory places are rented at any time. However, you are welcome to visit the dormitory privately, if the distance to your place of residence allows it.
I don't know yet whether I will receive Bafög. Do I still have to check the box and how do I complete my application?
The information about Bafög is not a mandatory field. Therefore, you do not have to fill in anything. If you are sure that you will receive Bafög, you can use the Bafög calculator to calculate the possible amount of funding. You can upload this result to us at "Bafög-Bescheid". As soon as you have your Bafög-Bescheid, simply send it to us as a scan to
Can I apply more than once for a semester?
You can only apply once per semester. It does not give you an advantage to apply more than once, but only makes more work for us. Multiple applications can lead to exclusion from the allocation process.
When is the application deadline for a residence dorm place?
The application deadline for Landau and Germersheim is 01.03. and 01.09. of a year respectively, for Ludwigshafen and Worms 01.02. and 01.08. respectively.
When and how do I get feedback on whether I have been given a place in a dormitory?
If we can offer you a place in a dormitory, we will send you an email with an offer and a detailed description of the dormitory place. Please check your e-mails and your spam folder regularly.
How do I withdraw my application?
You can withdraw your application at any time. Just send a short mail to Please remember to withdraw your application as soon as possible, you will make it easier for us and the successors to your place.
Is it possible to apply without an admission/study certificate?
An application is always non-binding and therefore also possible without admission/study certificate of the respective university/college. So even if you do not know yet whether you will really be accepted at the university, you can already apply. You will not incur any costs if you have to cancel the application because you are going to another university.
According to which criteria are the places in the dormitory allocated?
Since the Studierendenwerk has a statutory mandate to allocate dormitory places according to social criteria, we have clear allocation guidelines. We make a social selection from all applicants and allocate our places according to social guidelines. Here you can find our allocation guidelines and check whether your application has a chance of success.
What is the minimum length of stay?
If you have signed a rental contract with us, the minimum rental period is one semester (6 months).
What is the notice period?
The notice period is 3 months to the end of the semester.
Can I cancel my lease during the semester?
Only in the case of exmatriculation is it possible to terminate the contract at the earliest possible date, provided we have a new tenant available. Otherwise, the contractual notice period applies.
Can I cancel my lease during the semester?
Only in the case of exmatriculation is it possible to terminate the contract at the earliest possible date, provided we have a new tenant available. Otherwise, the contractual notice period applies.
Can I live in any dormitory of the Studierendenwerk Vorderpfalz if I study at another location?
Unfortunately not. You can only apply for the location where you want to study. It is therefore not possible to get a place in a dormitory in Germersheim, for example, if you want to study in Worms.
Are the dormitory places also for students of other universities/colleges?
Our dormitory places are only available to students of the respective university/college in Landau, Germersheim, Worms and Ludwigshafen. On our homepage you will find tips on how to search the private housing market.
How can I change my information on the application?
To do so, please send us an email to indicating which data is incorrect. Please also include your full name in the email. A second application is not necessary.
How do I apply for a place in a residence dorm?
An application for a place in a dormitory is only possible online via our homepage. Click here to go to the digital application portal.
What costs will I incur?
The application is free of charge. Even the withdrawal of your application - if you have found something else in the meantime - costs nothing. A mail to is sufficient. You will only incur costs once you have signed a rental contract.